Changing the Arc of Employee Benefits
Around the globe, sweeping changes are transforming the design and shape of employee benefits plans. Total annual benefits costs per employee continue to outpace both workers’ earnings and inflation, while new legislation and regulations add layers of complexity and additional expense. On top of all that, a shortage of critical talent is adding pressure to offer competitive benefits that will attract key employees.
Benefit From Our Experience
Mercer’s range and depth of experience means we can offer you a more holistic approach to employee benefits design. We provide strategic advice and brokerage services that help you minimize risk, optimize benefit structure, and maximize employee engagement. With our team by your side, you can streamline administration, better evaluate compliance needs, and boost employee engagement — often resulting in meaningful cost savings.
Leverage Mercer’s Relationships
Mercer has substantial relationships with nearly every major health provider. This creates great value for our clients by allowing us to anticipate trends and enhance our negotiations around costs, terms, and resolutions. It also helps us build innovative programs such as Mercer Health Advantage® and Mercer Marketplace℠.
Strategy First to Optimize Benefits
At Mercer, we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all solution. Working closely, we help you understand the current market dynamics, identify your goals and pain points, and then develop a tailored strategy to meet your business needs. Our approach delivers real-world solutions using Mercer-proprietary tools.*
- Benchmarking Analysis: We can conduct the most comprehensive benefits surveys in the industry, providing proprietary insights and analysis through a series of surveys to help you make more informed decisions.
- Value-Based Care Analytics: This is an industry-leading tool suite that can provide local insight into the effectiveness of new care delivery models, such as ACOs, that intend to deliver lower costs, improved quality, and increased patient satisfaction.
- 2020 Excise Tax Model: This model can demonstrate the financial impact of the US 2020 excise tax by providing an initial status quo liability estimate and then evaluating alternative scenarios that may delay or reduce the impact of the tax.
- Net PiC Network Optimization Tool: This tool can analyze a medical vendor’s relative network strength and reveals which vendor offers the strongest financial package for you.
- Mercer Workplace Health: This approach helps employers make targeted interventions to enhance the performance of their workforce and business through improved productivity, engagement and long-term cost reduction in five key areas: benefits design, brokerage, engagement, internal measurement and health incentives.
*Solutions and proprietary tools may not be available in all geographies.
In countries where employers are primarily responsible for providing health benefits, we advise organizations on how to provide benefits that identify and reduce the health risks of their employee population while balancing corporate cost constraints.
Mercer provides comprehensive health management solutions covering wellness, care management, absence, and behavioral health that can reduce total costs, improve workforce performance, and be a differentiator in the race for talent.
Mercer Marsh Benefits
For organizations outside the US, Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB) provides a consultative broking approach in over 135 countries. MMB’s approach provides:
- Measureable ROI for benefits programs through data-driven analysis and negotiations.
- A better understanding of your employee profile and what benefits employees value through smarter benefits design.
- Strategic structure and an approach to benefits management that creates long-term sustainability.
Best Practices and Better Service
We work with clients of all sizes, from small local businesses to large multinational organizations. Our extensive experience allows us to identify best practices and scale them to meet your needs, no matter where in the world you are.